The Dreamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan forum for all thing related to the webcomic The Dreamer by Lora Innes.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's here?

+31
ilovefrederick
HamiltonFan15
nessili
Etoile
giggles
Paul
Maethor17
Half Moon
Kal
karensdr
remembertheladies
LoyalDane
18thcenturydreamer
Caera
historyman
Sieglinde
JadeRaven93
Ellie
MagicCrafter
Tiger86
Twethereal
xxbeatricexx
Mrs-Lovetts-Meat-Pie
dizzy-loo
lavieja321
Alyce
cc_rogers
DawnChorus
EverlastingBlues
cremies
comic-chic
35 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Who's here? Empty Who's here? Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 pm

comic-chic

comic-chic

Hey everyone! This is Lora. (The real Lora.) So if you see me on here, I'll always be "comic-chic" just like on deviantART.

So who else is here? Make yourselves known! Hmm... lets do name, town, and favorite Dreamer moment!

I'm Lora Innes... Columbus, Ohio... and I'm partial to my great x6 grandpa Andrew Sharp's cameo in issue #4!

http://www.thedreamercomic.com

2Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:02 am

cremies

cremies
Admin

Hello comic-chic! It's good to have a blessing from the Almighty Creator.

I'm Emily, the Almighty Admin! I hail from Fresno, CA, and my favorite moment would have to be Alexander Hamilton's introduction hands down.

http://humoresques.livejournal.com

3Who's here? Empty Hello! Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:11 am

EverlastingBlues

EverlastingBlues

Hi, there!
I'm EverlastingBlues, but in the real world, some people call me Ash. Smile I'm from Vegas.
Favorite moment? Gotta be whenever Bea gets mad. Smile Adds character and highlights her dramatic tendencies.

4Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:26 pm

DawnChorus

DawnChorus

Yay, a Dreamer forum!
I'm Tamesin, from Chester, CT. It's so hard to choose one single favorite moment, but I have a soft spot for any scenes between Colonel and Freddy Knowlton.
I suppose the proper "librarian answer" would be when Bea finally gets interested in American history and starts doing research! study

5Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:56 pm

cc_rogers

cc_rogers

Hi Everyone!

My name is CC and I'm in Austin, Texas. My favorite Dreamer moment is The Kiss, way back in the beginning. *sigh*!

http://rune.riverfiction.com

6Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:33 am

Alyce

Alyce

Hello, I'm Alyce. I am from good old Gettysburg Pennsylvania where apparently there was a battle or something.

My favorite dreamer moment is page 8 of issue 9 where Bea has the brief memory of Alan whispering "When Jacob saw Rachel he only knew a fraction of what I felt when I first saw you." I get shivers every time I think about it! Perfect!

7Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:20 am

comic-chic

comic-chic

Alyce wrote:My favorite dreamer moment is page 8 of issue 9 where Bea has the brief memory of Alan whispering "When Jacob saw Rachel he only knew a fraction of what I felt when I first saw you." I get shivers every time I think about it! Perfect!

That was a really significant memory for Bea... which is why she can't seem to shake it off either. Smile

Welcome everyone! Smile

8Who's here? Empty Hello forum! Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:27 pm

lavieja321

lavieja321

Woo hoo a dreamer forum! Well I am Mayra from Houston, Texas and one of my favorite moments is the spontoon discussion between Bea and Nathan! Laughing

9Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:05 am

dizzy-loo

dizzy-loo

Greetings from Malaysia! Very Happy

Deb here, and my favourite moment(s) from the Dreamer would be Nathan's mini-rant in Issue #3 and Alan telling Bea that she'll be 'turning eighteen next month'. There was something really romantic about that scene.

Oh gosh! I have too many favourite moments and even narrowing it down to two was just *too* hard!

10Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Mrs-Lovetts-Meat-Pie

Mrs-Lovetts-Meat-Pie

Hello! This is Cody, aka Mrs-Lovetts-Meat-Pie. I'm from Massachusetts!

I'd have to say my favorite moment would be the few and seldom moments of Freddy and Knowlton together, talking or Bea and Nathan together in issue 4 (walking in the woods)....or the kiss at the beginning!

11Who's here? Empty Hmm Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:38 pm

xxbeatricexx

xxbeatricexx

I don't think I ever could pick a favorite!

But anyways, I'm Beatrice and I'm from the lovely state of Maine. Pleasure to meet you all! Very Happy

12Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Twethereal

I don't know if you remember me Lora, but I was the Bethany that came to your booth at Otakon and asked to have my copy of The Dreamer signed. I figured it's about time I kicked my lurker habit and start interacting with the Dreamer community. Hi everybody!

I think my favorite part was page 24 of issue two when Alan is telling her that he's an apple farmer. That never fails to put a smile on my face. Smile

13Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Tiger86

Tiger86

I'm Liz, I'm from the Bay Area, CA and my favorite moments from the book has to be, well, it's a hard choice, but any scene with Nathan Hale brings a smile to my face(I'm a Nathan Hale fangirl, I admit it.) But definitely the first two pages from issue 7 where it shows the overlap between Bea's modern world and Alan's past, from her point of view, it's so masterfully and beautifully rendered I find myself admiring the work repeatedly. I wish I had those pages as posters above my bed!

I'm seeing a couple of familiar faces from deviantArt so I decided to go by the same moniker I use over there, but spelled correctly, so anyone I know from dA, hi!

http://tyger86.deviantart.com/  http://the42towels.tumblr.com/

14Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:14 pm

MagicCrafter

MagicCrafter

Hey there…seeing this forum made a long day much better! (Along with the update of course.) My name’s Anna and I’m from Louisville, Kentucky. I’ve been more or less a lurker for about a year--probably longer--now, too, and I thought I’d throw in the towel and get a bit more involved in the fan base!

My favorite Dreamer moment…well, I prefer 1776 to the present, but…I think my favorite funny scene is when Washington is hoisting that rock over his head threatening to sink the boats, and Bea is just standing there, probably with the same impression the readers all had, “…” More recently, I also loved Captain Fancy Pants as Lora so aptly named him being knocked down off his high horse a bit…any scene with Nathan in it is a good one as far as I’m concerned. He’s my favorite character thus far.

And Lora, I just want to throw out there that you’re my hero! This situation may not be “every girl’s dream,” but if I were in Bea’s place, I’d be in heaven…with or without an Alan!

Last edited by MagicCrafter on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Ellie

Ellie

Hi all! My name is Elaine. I'm from the Phoenix area in Arizona. Yes, it is as hot as they say. XD

It's hard to choose a favorite moment. I love any bit with Nathan Hale or Alan. Razz Still, I love the part when Bea falls asleep listening to her music and Alan is right there next to her bed. I thought that was so romantic. It's a tie between that and the kiss at the beginning. Very Happy (Can we have another? Please?)

http://mad-minded-mango.deviantart.com/

16Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Twethereal

I'm having a hard time finding out where the option to change my avatar is. Can someone help me out? I've tried absolutely everything.

17Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 am

DawnChorus

DawnChorus

To change/update your avatar: when you're logged in to the forum, click on Profile at the top of the page. There's an "avatar" tab under that category. Smile

18Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Twethereal

That's it then. I don't have a Profile link at the top of the page. Did I do something screwy when I signed up? That sounds like me. xD

19Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:52 pm

JadeRaven93

JadeRaven93

As always, I'm JadeRaven93! (on deviantART, YouTube, and several other things) Though on the Dreamer main site, you'll see me post as Erin. I currently live in the Houston area of Texas, but I've also lived in a few other states; Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Kansas... XD

As for my favorite Dreamer moment... Too many to name!! Um... I'll just say... when Beatrice saw the painting in issue 3 and told Nathan "Because if I don't, Alan is going to die!" When I'd started reading, the comic had just entered issue 5, but when I read that part, I was pretty much at the edge of my seat to find out what happened next. And I knew I'd be hooked till the end of the comic XD

http://jaderaven93.deviantart.com

20Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Sieglinde

Sieglinde

I'm Sieglinde, from Hungary, and I mostly read for the historical parts. Also want to save poor Nathan. And want more Knowlton... he's so Vimes-like and lovable.

21Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 pm

historyman

historyman

comic-chic wrote:Hey everyone! This is Lora. (The real Lora.) So if you see me on here, I'll always be "comic-chic" just like on deviantART.

So who else is here? Make yourselves known! Hmm... lets do name, town, and favorite Dreamer moment!

I'm Lora Innes... Columbus, Ohio... and I'm partial to my great x6 grandpa Andrew Sharp's cameo in issue #4!

Hi, my name is Jim and I am from Ohio. I love all of the Dreamer. I love having a copy of the first Graphic Novel and can't wait to get the second, as soon as it is released. I am looking forward to seeing you Lora at Mid-Ohio Con Comic book convention this year in Columbus Ohio. It would be great if we could buy the second Graphic Novel at the Comic book convention.
The Dreamer is awesome!! Lora, you rock girl!!!!!

22Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 pm

comic-chic

comic-chic

historyman wrote:It would be great if we could buy the second Graphic Novel at the Comic book convention.

I'm looking forward to the second book than anyone! Won't be out for Mid Ohio, though. I have to finish Issue #11 first. Smile

23Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Caera

Caera

Oh Hai!

I'm Caera, I registered a while ago but then forgot the forum was here so I went back and found it. lol I'm from Texas, hailing from both San Antonio and Waco currently as I am at uni, but we'll see where I wind up after graduation.

My favorite dreamer moment would have to be any moment with Nathan in it, but I think I'll have to say his and Bea's first conversation is my favorite. I came upon the comic right about the time those pages first started going up.

http://Goodreads.com/cethornton

24Who's here? Empty Hey everyone! Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 am

18thcenturydreamer

18thcenturydreamer

I have been here for awhile now, but I forgot to write in this one to introduce myself. I was born and raised in a little farm town called Madison, SD. I moved to Greenwood, SC two years ago.

My favorite Dreamer moment has to be the conversation between Nathan Hale and Beatrice Whaley about Nathan's spontoon. That one always make me giggle.

25Who's here? Empty Re: Who's here? Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:22 am

Caera

Caera

18thcenturydreamer wrote:
My favorite Dreamer moment has to be the conversation between Nathan Hale and Beatrice Whaley about Nathan's spontoon. That one always make me giggle.

http://imalshen.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1ko2mp

I love you Spontoon never gets old.

http://Goodreads.com/cethornton

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum