The Dreamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan forum for all thing related to the webcomic The Dreamer by Lora Innes.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remembering Nathan Hale

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Remembering Nathan Hale Empty Remembering Nathan Hale Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:02 am

MagicCrafter

MagicCrafter

The day we’re all dreading when it comes in The Dreamer: September 22, the day when Captain Nathan Hale, aged just 21, was hanged by the British for treason. Lora can probably say far more on the subject than me, but I think Nathan’s martyrdom should make us really remember what it means to be American. It’s my personal belief that the Revolution was perhaps the most genuine fight for “liberty” or “freedom” that our country has ever seen. That a promising young officer proudly declared that he regretted being of only little use to his country…well, I find that both tragic and heroic.

So some two hundred and thirty-four years later, I think all of us Dreamer fans should take a moment to think about our adorable and lovable Nathan today, and just what the REAL Cpt. Hale died for, and to be especially thankful for that.

=)

2Remembering Nathan Hale Empty Re: Remembering Nathan Hale Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Caera

Caera

Here's to Nathan! I posted a something similar to this on the Nathan Hale Fans deviantart page.

http://Goodreads.com/cethornton

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum